It’s almost Mother’s Day! So for those in need of some practical and fun ideas for that special mom in your life here’s my list of favorite items I would love to receive this year (hint, hint ).
1. CLOTHES – What woman doesn’t love a new outfit? Since I am breastfeeding it’s been difficult to find shirts I can wear and also breastfeed easily. Here’s a cute summer top from Boob that doesn’t even look like a nursing shirt!
2. SHOES – And what outfit isn’t complete without some summer sandals? I would love a new pair I can wear to park play dates as well as with summer dresses for a casual date on the town. Here’s a wonderfully versatile pair from Lands’ End that fits the bill.
3. CLEANING – No not the teeth kind, the house kind! A clean house means a happy mom. With kids to wrangle it’s tough staying on top of the deep cleaning. So a full house cleaning would put a smile on any momma’s face. If you wanna go for extra credit get the carpets cleaned too!
4. JEWLERY - It’s tough to go wrong with jewelry. The problem is that when you have little ones, especially babes in arms, long dangly necklaces and earrings just seem to get in the way. Luckily I found some fashionable pieces that do double duty for teething infants! Chewbeads has many options for all fashion styles and all their jewelry is made of silicone and completely safe for your baby to chew till their heart’s content.
5. FLOWERS – This should go without saying but every mom deserves a pretty floral arrangement for her table. It’s a wonderful visual reminder of how much she is loved and appreciated. No matter what else you get her this year, flowers should be included.
6. PHOTO SESSION – It’s usually the mom taking the photos so she never ends up in them! A family photo taken by a professional is something any mom would treasure. I had a photo taken last Mothers Day with myself and my Little Man that I absolutely love. No other photograph has quite captured my toddler and me in such a beautiful light. Hence why I use it as my bio photo.
7. A SPA DAY – This is by far my favorite gift, you really can’t go wrong. Holding a baby all the time can really take a toll on a poor mom’s back, arms, shoulders…heck everything! It’s amazing the strange positions I can find myself nursing in and only later realize that wasn’t the best for my muscles. So do a mom a favor and book her an appointment at her favorite spa.
So what would you like for Mothers Day?