I hate throwing away things that can be re-purposed. With the long days of summer upon us I am always looking for fun new crafts that use things I already have on hand. Since we go through toilet paper and paper towels pretty quickly around here I always have a ton of those empty rolls lying around. Here’s a list of great crafts for paper rolls.
- Toilet Paper Roll Octopus – how cute is this guy!? You can even do the craft without the paint and just use a black marker if that’s all you have.
- Toddler Tubes – This woman has great ideas! I love the different colors and since my son is a tad older he could even help tape up the tubes. He would probably end up using them as swords. 😉
- Build your own castle – although it’s tough to get my son to sit still long enough to color anything I bet he would love to glue a bunch of rolls together to make this!
- Lacing – this is a great way to develop Little Mans’ fine motor skills.
- Parking Garage – this would certainly be a hit with my son who is all about cars!
- Tube Kazoo – my son loves playing musical instruments, his favorite being the drum. This craft would for sure have him and his friends starting their own marching band. I will have to recall this for my next play date.
- Royal Crown – any little prince or princess would love to play dress up with these.
- Bean ramp game – I love the simplicity of this and my son would totally roll his cars down this as well.
- Roll Color Match – not sure my son could get the handle of chopsticks but he would have fun just using his fingers to put each color in its’ tube!
- Shape Hunt Binoculars – this is so creative. I love the idea that it doesn’t take much to make this fun game happen.
What fun things have you found to do with toilet and paper towel rolls?