So, the main question is: what is the difference between the two items (besides aesthetics, i.e. fabric and toy balls)?
- The rockaRoo only has 1 Unique Motion: it rocks like a rocking horse, maximizing the sensation of motion for your baby. MamaRoo has 5 Unique Motions: Car Ride, Kangaroo, Tree Swing, Rock-a-Bye and Ocean. The mamaRoo bounces up & down and side-to-side just like parents do when comforting a baby.
- They both have 5 speeds and an MP3 Player Compatibility, but the mamaRoo contains Nature Sounds, which rockaRoo does not.
- MamaRoo also has an Easy to Use LCD Screen, rockaRoo does not.
- The fabric on both are machine washable.
- The ages on both are Newborn to 6 months and up to 25 lbs, or able to sit unassisted.
So, to summarize, the mamaRoo contains all the high-tech bells and whistles. For the extra money, you will get 4 extra motions to comfort and calm baby, 5 nature sounds and an LCD screen.
So the decision on which one will work for your baby is up to you.