I have never seen myself as crafty and although I love paper, glitter and hot glue guns if you placed them in my hands I would have no idea what to do with them. What I can do is copy and follow directions. So for all you non-crafty moms out there that desire to be creative but feel like a deer in the headlights when walking into Michaels, here’s a step by step Fall craft I found to do with your little ones.
PUMPKIN GARLAND SUPPLIES (amounts will vary depending on your desired length)
- paper towel or toilet paper rolls
- orange ribbon
- brown pipe cleaners
- green construction paper
- orange washable paint
- Cut paper rolls into 1 inch sections and paint orange inside and out. Since I was using washable paint I had to use two coats of paint to get the right color.
- Once dry use a single hole punch and make a hole on the top and bottom of each roll.
- Cut pipe cleaners in half and string through the hole. Make a loop at the bottom to keep paper roll from falling off. Make a loop at the top creating a 1 inch stem.
- Cut out small leaf shapes from the green paper and glue to the orange pumpkin by the stem. I found bending the leaves made them look better.
- Finally string the ribbon through the top loops and hang anywhere!
Overall it was a fun craft but was a bit more work on my end than I thought it would be. Little Man was really only able to do the painting portion so the rest was up to me. I do love the finished product and altogether it only cost me $13.55 for all the supplies. Since I am brand new to doing any sort of craft I had to buy EVERYTHING, including glue. If you have some of these supplies already it will be even cheaper.
Thanks to Parenting Magazine on Pinterest for the fun idea!