It’s a Girl! Pink Elephant Baby Shower Inspiration
If you’re expecting a baby girl then you may want to start slowly embracing the pink. The sea of pink will start to trickle in and as much as you may want to resist it, it will eventually grow on you.
There are a million different baby shower themes to choose from and you don’t have to go with the traditional pink for a girl, but I personally love pink and think this pink elephant baby shower theme is simply adorable. Mixing in some grey with pink adds a very modern and sophisticated touch, it’s sweet but elegant. Not going overboard on the elephants will keep it from looking like a wild stampede.
1. Invitations - The invitation sets the tone and the theme for the entire event and there is no shortage of pink elephant baby shower invitations to choose from! Find the baby shower invitation you love and then use those colors as the inspiration for the rest of the party. I still prefer to get an actual paper invitation in the mail but you can also send out digital cards if that is easier for you to manage.
2. Sweet Treats - Nothing says a baby shower like cupcakes, cake pops and custom cookies. Another trend is ordering a variety of french macaroons or setting up a petit dessert buffet with a little bit of everything. I also love these pink elephant popcorn cones. Custom cookies or cake pops can also be individually wrapped and given out as take home treats.
3. Decorations – You can order and download pink elephant printables, cupcake toppers and gift bag stickers all over on Etsy. Long gone are the days of stringing tissue corner to corner; all you need are a few tissue pom poms or these gorgeous pink and gray paper fans. I also love these striped paper straws that help decorate clear glasses of lemonade or iced tea.
4. Food - Keep it light and simple. Choose to have a morning brunch with simple pastries, fruit, coffee, juice, mimosas or a late afternoon tea with mini sandwiches. You can also have each guest bring a dish to share, to help with the cost, and tell them each to attach a recipe card of their favorite dish for the mom-to-be.
5. Flowers - Every party needs flowers and I recommend doing a few smaller vases filled with flowers and then sending them home with the guests as a thank you. You can buy cheap vases at the 99-cent store and tie a ribbon around the neck of the vase to make it pretty.
6. Baby Shower Favors – Send your guests home with a small token of appreciation. Baby shower favors do not need to cost a lot of money. You can order cookies or baked goods to hand out in small bags or boxes, find small bath and beauty items, or send them each home with a custom candle.
What other cute baby shower themes have you seen?