I’ve seen so many gift guides around the blogosphere this holiday season, but I’ve noticed a serious lack of ideas for the babies. Is it that people don’t struggle with what to get babies? Or, is it that people don’t give babies gifts? I’m not entirely sure on this. But, I do know that my husband and I have actually struggled with what to get the kids as babies each time (we’re on #3). If you’re like us and not always sure what to get for the baby(ies) in your life this holiday season, I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite gift ideas to help!
- Excersaucers and Activity Centers are perfect for babies! In fact, it’s actually on our little guy’s Christmas list this year. Even with 2 older brothers, we’ve never had one of our own (we borrowed from a friend last time) and they’re so much fun. From about 4 months until they’re walking well on their own, babies seem to LOVE these. And, I love that they give mom a safe, entertaining place to put them for a bit.
- Activity mats are great for younger babies. Our little guy is just 4 months old and is loving his. I really like this one from Tiny Love because the top is adjustable and the sides come up. Those features increase the mileage of it, being able to continue using it once baby is sitting up and rolling all around.
- Once babies can reach their mobiles, you’re supposed to take them out of the crib. So, a crib soother/aquarium that can attach to the side of the crib is really nice. Baby #2 in our family got one for Christmas a couple of years ago and loved it! Once he figured out he could press the buttons and play music, it was especially great.
- For some reason, the ball popper/dropper toys seem to be super entertaining to babies (and really, bigger kids too)! So, if you’ve got a little bit older baby (I’d say about 9 months+), consider one of those types of toys.
- Sophie the Giraffe teether. Have you heard of Sophie? Did your kids have one? So far, mine have not. But, I hear Sophie is all-the-rage. SO many of my friends swear by Sophie. So, I think our last little guy might need one this Christmas just so we can test it out!
- The plush learning tools and developmental toys are great for babies too! There are so many options out there, but I like ones that have a good variety of activities, textures, colors, etc.
- And, last but not least, don’t underestimate the power of a simple hanging toy! We LOVE things like this for the car seat and stroller–perfect for keeping baby entertained while on-the-go.
What are YOUR favorite gift ideas for baby?