The other day, my mom and I were discussing the role of husbands during pregnancy and how those roles have changed. 30 years ago, women would say “I am Pregnant” – now they say “We are Pregnant.” It is fantastic to see husbands take a more active role during the pregnancy, even if I don’t fully agree with the “We” in “We are Pregnant.” Let’s be honest, the husbands are helpful but it is not their bodies being subjected to all these changes or their diets and exercise routines that have to change.
Personally, I feel truly blessed to have a husband who has taken an active role in my pregnancy. He has slowed down his pace to run with me (and now that I was asked not to run, he takes long walks with me), he massages my swollen feet and tired shoulders, he reads to our baby in my belly, he fed me saltines when I was sick for the first 6 months of the pregnancy, and he has listened to all my complaints and fears the past 9 months with a smile on his face and a positive attitude to encourage me.
Although our son is 4 weeks away from arriving in this world, I still believe my husband deserves a First Time Father’s Day gift. So after researching some great First Time Father’s Day Gifts for Dads-to-Be, I thought I would make a gift basket for him…… I should say a Gift Diaper Bag for him!
I plan to put a bunch of goodies that a first time dad will need in a Diaper Dude Bag for him:
- Diaper Dude Convertible Messenger Backpack: I love this bag because it does not look like a diaper bag and he can use it after the diaper bag days are over.
- Ear Plugs
- Monster Energy Drink
- 5 Hour Energy
- Whiskey & Cigar: to celebrate the arrival of our son
- Golf Package: so he can have a day off and relax with the boys
- Books for Dad: I picked out “Daddy Kisses” for him to read to our son and “Go the F—k to Sleep” for some adult laughs.
- Onesie with a cute saying for Dad or reminds you of your husband: I picked out one with a bicycle on it since my husband is an avid cyclist. Etsy has some adorable ones.
- Toys for Dad to play with baby: I chose a few Lamaze items and soccer toys since my husband was a soccer player.
Do you have any great first-time Father’s Day gifts or suggestions for the gift basket?