Summer is upon us, and there are so many things to do with the kids in my area. I thought I would give you a snapshot of the fun upcoming events and places that are family friendly and packed with fun.
- 24th Annual Pasadena Chalk Festival @ Paseo Colorado (Sat & Sun, June 18 & 19) – Over 600 skilled chalk artists from all over the world come together to celebrate the unique art form. The festival offers visitors an opportunity to experience art on Paseo Colorado’s famous plaza for free, and stroll through the shops, restaurants and movie theater that line its perimeter. The two-day festival is open to the public and FREE.
- Make Music Pasadena (Saturday June 11th) – 1 Day. 30 Venues. 150 Performances. Make Music Pasadena, the largest free music festival on the West Coast. The all-day, all-ages music festival takes place primarily throughout the Downtown Pasadena area in the Old Pasadena, Playhouse District and Paseo Colorado areas.
- DINOSAURS Unextinct at the LA Zoo – Come face-to-face with 17 animatronic dinosaurs on an adventure that also includes photo ops—for the ultimate #SelfieSaurus—and a fossil dig, where you’ll experience what it’s like to discover and interpret clues about these long-gone giants. $5 additional fee with zoo entrance. Open now thru October.
- CRAFT Saturdays – Many businesses provide a free craft, workshop or reading time on certain Sturdays of the month. A few stores in our area including Lakeshore Learning, Michaels, Home Depot and Vroman’s all have FREE or minimal cost events coming up. Check out their websites for further details of dates and times.
- Wading Pools (select days and times) – there is nothing like some fun water play with the kids. There are 4 nearby wading pools and splash pads in the area that have select days and times they are open. Best part is they have a lifeguard and they are FREE!