I LOVE decorating for holidays. Although I adore decorating for fall, Valentine’s Day and even 4th of July, Christmas is by far my favorite. I have collected a lot of decor items over the years, but my budget hasn’t always matched with my visions for creating winter wonderlands. In an effort to keep things budget friendly, here are five tips from Ace Design Expert, Katie Reynolds.
- The rustic look is everywhere right now in home décor. Consider adding elements from the great outdoors for a free and fun DIY holiday décor, such as branches/twigs, pine cones or dried berries used in a centerpiece or vase.
- Tea lights are an inexpensive and easy way to add holiday sparkle on a budget. Use them around a simple vase, in a grouping on a kitchen island or along a console in the foyer. Turn down the lights and allow the candlelight to take center stage during holiday entertaining.
- Create an easy DIY backdrop for holiday photos or a holiday display with a found drapery rod made from a long branch with painters drop cloth or burlap drapes pinned with clothespins. Hang glass ornaments from strings along the rod to add sparkle.
- Hang glass ornaments from natural burlap ribbon along a stair handrail at varying heights. Finish off with a larger ornament and burlap bow at the newel post for a finished look.
- Seasonal fruits like apples and cranberries make gorgeous, inexpensive vase fillers. Use in a series of clear jars of various heights along a dining table or console and sprinkle white faux snow on top for an added touch.
Have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year!