The unique Beaba Babycook lets you steam, blend, warm and defrost wholesome foods for your healthy, growing child. This popular recipe comes from the Beaba Babycook Book* and is sure to satisfy baby’s hunger while providing a nutritious meal!
- 1 large agria potato
- ¼ carrot
- ½ tomato (medium size)
- 1 handful of fresh (or frozen) peas
- 3 oz. of finely chopped beef
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 handful of ice cubes
- For older children:
- ¼ turn of white pepper from a pepper mill
- 1 pinch of paprika
- Cutting board
- Slotted spoon
- Paring knife
- Vegetable peeler
- 2 salad bowls and plastic wrap
- Place ice cubes in a salad bowl with a little water. Boil some water separately in a saucepan.
- Wash vegetables in running water; peel carrot and potato with the vegetable peeler. Then peel the tomato.
- Tip: To easily peel a tomato, soak it in boiling water for 20 seconds, then transfer it to a bowl of ice water.
- Cut the tomato and carrot in half, only using half of each veggie. Then dice the tomato, carrot and potato. Place in the Beaba Babycook bowl.
- Remove the outer layer of the onion. Finely chop ¼ of the onion and add to the steamer. Cook for 15 minutes (up to water level 3 in the Babycook).
- Throw away the cooking juices and pulse the vegetables once, using the blender mode of the Babycook. Set aside in a salad bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Shell the peas and cook them in boiling salted water for 30 seconds, then remove with the slotted spoon. Soak for a few seconds in ice water to keep them green and firm.
- Place meat in the Babycook steamer and cook for 5 minutes (water level 1 in the Babycook). The meat should still be soft.
- Tip: The little holes in the Babycook steamer basket should be smaller than the little pieces of meat.
- Mix meat and vegetables in a second salad bowl, then place on your little gourmet’s plate. Lightly season and use peas as a garnish.
- Add a trace of paprika to stimulate the taste buds of older children.
Why You Should Make This!
This Beef Stroganoff dish from the Babycook Book provides essential vitamins and minerals that growing children need. Both beef and peas are a great source of protein, as well as iron! Beef is one of the best sources of iron, in addition to zinc and vitamins PP and B12, as long as the beef is freshly chopped and cooked within 3 hours. Peas from firm, crisp pods with a brilliant green color are rich in protein and carbohydrates, and are low in fat. Fresh or frozen, peas are a good source of fiber, vitamins A, C, B9 and iron.
*This Beef Stroganoff Recipe is adapted from the Beaba Babycook Book. Some revisions have been made to the original text of this recipe to make this easier for our readers to follow. These revisions have not been reviewed or endorsed by the author or publisher. For the original recipe we encourage our readers to purchase the Babycook Book from our stores.
Babycook Book ©lec-édition – les Éditions Culinaires, all rights reserved.