When shopping for a Diaper Bag there are a few things to consider.
1. Does it have enough compartments or pockets? You will be carrying a couple of bottles, burb cloths, diapers, wipes, formula containers, small snack or food storage containers, a favorite toy or small blanket, pacifiers, sippy cups and maybe even an extra change of clothes. You’ll want to make sure there are plenty of pockets so all these items can have there own place.
2. Is it easy to access items at a moment’s notice? Being a Mom is usually means you have to be able to work with only one hand. Don’t worry, you’ll become a pro at doing just about everything with only one hand. So it’s important to be able to access your car keys, cell phone, and those diapers and wipes quickly while holding your baby.
3. Does the shape and style accommodate my everyday lifestyle? Are you a Mom on the move? Do you have more than one child? Are you a working Mom? Do you travel a lot? Will you be having more children? The style of your bag should not only match your style but fit in with where you are going and what you are doing with your baby. Another thing to consider is if Dad will be taking the baby a lot, he may not want a bright pink floral bag to carry around.
4. Will it fit under or attach to my stroller? Diaper bags can get heavy, you may want some place to put it while you stroll. Stroller baskets vary in size and while some strollers have plenty of room underneath others can be limited on space. Should you want to hang your bag from your stroller you may need stroller bag hooks or adaptors to secure it to the handlebar of the stroller.
5. Does it include the right accessories? Many diaper bags come with extra accessories such as a changing pad, baby wipes case, insulated bottle bags, bags for soiled diapers, small wallets and additional shoulder straps. The Skip Hop Bento Diaper bag even comes with food storage containers that fit in a separate compartment at the bottom of the bag. This clever design feature helps give you more space inside the bag by giving the bulky storage containers there own compartment.
Right Start offers a vast assortment of diaper bags in various styles, colors and prices. For those of you not looking to break the bank, here are 7 diaper bags under $100 and there’s even one cool enough for Dad!
1. Skip Hop Dash Deluxe Diaper Bag $64.00
2. Skip Hop Bento Bag $98.99
3. Skip Hop Versa Diaper Bag $70.00
4. Kalencom Elite Diaper Bag $89.99
5. Diaper Dude eco-friendly messenger bag $98.99
6. Lassig Casual Backpack $67.95
7. Timi & Leslie Messenger Bag $69.99
What are you looking for in a Diaper Bag? How much would you pay for a Diaper bag?