Wow! Is anyone else finding it hard to believe that it’s October already?! I clearly can’t get over how fast time is going, but at any rate, I’m SO ready for fall! I think it’s my favorite season– college football, the upcoming holidays, cooler weather, beautiful colors, awesome food! It’s all so great and lends itself well for doing lots of fun family activities!
So, here are 5 “must-do” family activities in October:
1. Visit a pumpkin patch. We’ve made a family tradition out of this and I love it! There are quite a few different options near us and we’ve made it a point to try a new one each year. The kids love it and for me, there is just something about photography the little ones with pumpkins! It makes for the cutest photos!
2. Have a family game night, while enjoying cups of apple cider (or other great fall treats). ‘Tis the season for all things apple and pumpkin! Get the whole family involved in making some homemade applesauce or a pumpkin pie. Need some other ideas? Check out my fall-favorites pin board!
3. Make some nature-inspired crafts/decor. Between acorns, apples, pumpkins, branches, and fall leaves, there are so many great ways to incorporate nature into fun crafts and projects. Kids love apple stamping! And, why not make some fun fall leaves placemats?!
4. Prep the fireplace, check the furnace/heater, and go over a fire plan with your family. October is Fire Prevention Month. So, while these activities might not be the most fun, they’re important ones. Use this month to check over potential fire dangers in your home and practice your family’s fire/emergency plan!
5. Go see the fall foliage! Some of you probably need to only walk outside your front door to experience this. But, for others, it’s something that you need to seek out (like us, living in the desert southwest)! When we do find ourselves in the beautiful changing colors, I love taking the boys on leaf collecting walks! It’s so fun to hunt for different sizes, shapes, and colors!
What are YOUR family’s favorite fall activities?