Helloooooo Moms! Even though my own website is dedicated to keeping life as focused and ‘fabulous’ as possible, I always find myself thinking I wish I knew that before having kids… So today, I’ve got a quiz for you: How many of these ‘things I wish knew before having a baby’ match up in your life? I know I’m not alone…
1) Elmo, Daniel Tiger, Tinkerbell and other fictional personalities would soon become my morning television anchors. (Thank goodness for Twitter, otherwise I don’t think I’d get my news.)
2) Trips to the ATM would multiply, for all the cash required for babysitters these days. ($10 an hour?!? $15 if you want them to clean up a bit?!? Is this just in LA?)
3) That squeezing in a salon appointment might sometimes take the shape of a toddler-fest.
4) I’d never be able to eat chocolate or ice cream or candy again without having to give some of it up… sometimes in the presence of a potty.
5) A good night’s sleep is the most perfect and wonderful thing to happen ever… on those occasions when it does happen.
6) I’d find myself yelling “Get your hands out of the toilet!” at a 1 year old on a daily basis.
7) I’d wish that I’d had kids sooner – when I was a bit younger – so that I’d have more time to spend with them, my mom and my grandmothers.
8) I’d spend more time cleaning up meals rather than actually making them. PROOF HERE. (Still happening.)
All these things… and yet I still feel like the luckiest gal in the world… (as we all do… the magic of motherhood).
So fess up! How’d you do? Got me outnumbered?
What Do You Wish You Knew Before Having a Baby?