Yesterday was my 30-week check-up…where did the time go? I cannot believe I am in my third trimester and have 10+ weeks to go. Now I am consumed with all the items left to do on my checklist: finish the nursery, find pediatrician, wash baby clothes and sheets, finish house projects, and so on…
However, I realized after talking to friends, there are a few FUN things I MUST do before my little man arrives in July. These are non-stress, fun tasks that I am looking forward to checking off my list.
- Girls Night Sleepover– Once the baby arrives, you won’t have much time for all of your girlfriends. So kick your husband out of the house, rent a chick-flick and plan a girls night for you and your closest friends.
- Spa Day- This can be either with your spouse or a friend. I recommend going all out – get a massage, facial, manicure and pedicure. Just because you are having a baby, it doesn’t mean you have to be frumpy (If you can get a massage with a chair/table that has a hole for your belly…. I’ve heard it’s AMAZING).
- Get your Hair Done- Time will not be on your side once the baby arrives so get your hair cut and styled…. again, just because you are becoming a mom is no reason to let yourself go… If you look beautiful, you will feel beautiful.
- Date Night- THIS IS A MUST & MORE THAN ONCE! Get dressed up and spend a romantic night with your spouse, it is always important to work on your relationship and let your spouse know you love them and appreciate them.
- Splurge on Something Nice for yourself- Buy yourself something nice, maybe a pair of shoes, new bag, or a piece of jewelry. Get something that, no matter what, will make you feel wonderful.
- Get your house cleaned- This may not sound “fun” but I believe “A Clean House is a Happy House” especially when you don’t have to clean it!
- Shop for a Coming Home Outfit for your Little One- Buy an adorable outfit and build up the excitement to meet your little one….. I say splurge on it, too!
- Create a Birth Announcement- Pick out a birth announcement so it will be easy to insert a picture of your new addition and send to all your friends and family….. You need to show off your beautiful/handsome creation. I have already chosen one through Tiny Prints.
- Make Daddy Feel Special- This list seems to be all about you but don’t forget about Daddy! He has been supporting you throughout this pregnancy. Make him a New Dad Package to show him your appreciation. Include some fun items such as a local beer or a golf day.
- Go on a Babymoon- This might be the one I am most excited for. Take a road trip to somewhere close so you can spend a weekend relaxing and bonding with your spouse.
What are some fun things you did before your baby arrived or are planning to do?